Monday, July 4, 2011

Update

A couple of posts ago, I wrote about turning 17 and hoping that it would be much better. Update on that subject: things got so much better. In the past two months, I have traveled to Europe (Italy, to be exact), fallen in love (or as much in love as a 17-year old can), and had relaxing nights with my best friend (who I love so damn much.)

I really think this year is going to be great; and the main reason behind that is because I'm going to make it great. No more depending on other people to make me happy; this year is all about self-success. I need to get used to it if I plan to spend a year living in Italy. That's right, I might actually take a gap year. It's a big decision considering I spend all my life thinking gap years were a terrible idea.

I feel so much support coming from my mother, too. I love that she tells me to follow my heart instead of follow the norms and follow my instinct to prove myself worthy enough.

I just like the number 17 more than 16. It's less even, less normal, less popular. Or maybe that's just me... hahaha...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails