Tuesday, August 7, 2012

An Actress at Best




Rehearsals for this show have consumed my life lately. Not entirely a bad thing. However, I miss my mom even though we live under the same misshapen roof. I do love this show and the cast in it as well as the director who knows how to remind the actors to stay true to the characters.

Yesterday, we did an exercise of my emotions, really, which entailed facts about suicide and homosexuality in the US. After two minutes, I was sobbing. Perhaps it was a rude reminding, or maybe it was the most honest wake-up call. Unfortunately, I was put into an awful funk for a while. Mainly because it reminded me of my days at Edgewood my junior year, and the awful place I was in (in my head, that is) for that year. It reminded me of things I used to think when my mind went far in thoughts. Not good things. It was scary to be back there.

The best part, though, is that I was able to take myself out of it. As an actress, I will always need to have those emotions on the line for me to pick and choose when I need them. When finished, I also need to put them back onto that line for later and not drag them out with me.

With that said, though, I still have a headache from all the crying yesterday. I'll be better. My eyes are still puffy, though.

Good thing I love theatre. Come to the show!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails